Apple Cider Vinegar’s Mum
Apple Cider Vinegar with the "mother"
When fighting illness, it is common to search for products that promote healing.
One thing I searched for was a way of maintaining an alkaline body.
We were told that cancer does not like an alkaline environment.
Cancer cells apparently thrive in acidity (low pH), but not in alkalinity (high pH), so it made sense that a diet high in alkaline foods like fruits and vegetables was important to create an environment in the body that discourages cancer growth.
A product that was recommended to us during my hubsand’s illness was to buy apple cider vinegar and to use it daily.
Apple cider vinegar with the “mother”
Before you take it be careful though, as Apple cider vinegar needs to be consumed safely and apparently the only one worth taking is the one with the “mother” in it.
We were told that the mother simply meant strands of protein (which contain enzymes and beneficial bacteria) in what is known as organic apple cider vinegar which consists of cellulose and acetic acid, which in turn gives the vinegar a cloudy-like appearance.
It is apparently the mother that transforms the alcohol into vinegar together with the presence of oxygen.
Health benefits of apple cider vinegar with the mother
- Reduces belly fat
- Lowers cholesterol
- May lower blood pressure and improve heart health
- May help lower blood sugar levels
- Could boost skin health
- Can help kill harmful bacteria
- Has a high content of healthy substances
Well I can tell you that my ears pricked up when I heard those words “reduce belly fat” but I cannot prove this is as a fact, because I was not as dillligent in taking it every day like my husband did.
Again, he seemed well in between chemotherapy rounds, and continued to praise its many qualities.
The health shop owner sold us a brand called “Bragg” organic apple cider vinegar with the mother in it. You can purchase it at supermarkets nowadays.
There are safety guidelines though that you should adhere to, because as with everything if you take anything in excess or the wrong way it can cause other issues.
Safety guidelines include:
- Limiting your intake. Start with a smaller amount and gradually work up to a maximum of 2 tablespoons (30 mL) per day, depending on your personal tolerance.
- You should minimize your teeth exposure to acetic acid. Always dilute the vinegar in water and try drinking it through a straw.
- Rinse your mouth out with water after taking it.
- To prevent further enamel damage, wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth.
- Consider avoiding it if you have gastroparesis.
- Be aware of allergies, even though they are thought to be rare from taking apple cider vinegar, Stop taking it immediately if you experience an allergic reaction and call your doctor.
Lastly, it was Nobel Prize winner Otto Warburg (in the early 1900s), who suggested that cancer was caused by a high level of acidity and low oxygen in the body. He observed that cancer cells produced an acid called lactic acid as they grew.
Based on this finding, some people concluded that making blood less acidic helped to kill cancer cells. Read more here about how reducing acidity in the body (ie: alkalizing) could be beneficial while fighting cancer
When you focus on the good, the good gets better.
©2021 gentlelifehacks.com|e-propertymatters.com | women-in-realestate.com | Author Kathryn