Are you in lockdown due to Covid -19 once again? The Delta variant is causing a lot of extra stress for most of the world at the moment.
Perhaps it is time to de-clutter your home?
There are so many unexpected benefits to donating things to charity.
Just sorting through unused items that you don’t use or need anymore is a task that could be a welcome distraction during the lockdown.
Benefits of giving to charity include:
- You will feel lighter somehow. Most people will feel creative and more cheerful and energetic in an orderly environment.
- You can help other people in need. There are many people doing it tough so giving something meaningful to those who have less than you can be rewarding.
- You will feel more in control somehow. Tidying up and re-homing items that are unused or gathering dust gives you the willpower to take control of other important things in your life.
- You are contributing in some small way to the environment. By re-cycling useful items, you are reducing waste
- You are helping create employment for others. Some people will make a living in renovating older items, and of course, Goodwill stores employ people too.
Not only are you creating a tidier space at home with less to clean, but sometimes it is only a matter of taking extra furniture out of a home that can make it look more luxurious.
Of course, nobody should get rid of things that bring value to their life.
Even minimalists keep some sentimental items in their life… they just keep less than others.
Take the time to de-clutter every cupboard in your home.
You might find that you have an abundance of cutlery, crockery, and clothes that you never use.
Why not give them to a good home instead?
Charity shops are always in need of good-quality items, so put them on one side to donate when lockdown is over.
You will enjoy the refreshing feeling of less-cluttered cupboards, bedrooms, and living areas.
Soon, you will notice countless other things that can be reduced in your home.
Before you know it, you will have made significant progress in your journey towards a more simplified life too!
©2021 gentlelifehacks.com|e-propertymatters.com| Author| Kathryn