Avoiding acne as a teenager
Ask any teenager- acne is no fun!
If you understand what causes acne then you can try and manage it with ease.
When your skin follicles become blocked with oil or dead skin cells, then acne appears. It can be common for teens, but older people in their fifties can also get acne if their sebaceous glands become blocked.
Read more here
So what causes acne?
- hormonal changes
- oily skin from a beauty product
- anxiety and stress
- dietary reasons like eating too much sugar or drinking too many sugary drinks
- by not using the right beauty products on your skin.
When dealing with acne you have to be careful because what works for others might not always work for you.
Here are some handy tips to help with acne outbreaks
- Avoid touching the pimple
- Put ice on your face once a day to lower the swelling and shrink the spot/pimple
- Drink Green tea 2-3 times a day as research has shown that green tea can help. Green tea contains plant-based compounds called catechins which have antioxidant, anti inflammatory and antibiotic properties. Read more here
- Apply Aloe Vera 2-3 times a day with a cotton bud straight onto the acne spot or pimple. Aloe Vera has an antiseptic effect that can be soothing and can control germs. Read more here
- Try applying Tea tree oil directly onto the affected spot. Tea tree oil is made from the leaves of an Australian tree. Aboriginal Australians have used it as a traditional medicine for many centuries. Tea tree oil calms skin and irritation. Read more here
Acne is not always your fault, so don’t be quick to judge others and be kind always.
Acne usually goes away as you start to get older into your mid twenties, but if left untreated it can sometimes cause irritation and leave scars.
©Gentlelifehacks.com| Author| Maddie ( age 13)