Here is a great little tip from Sandy, in Christchurch, NZ, who was advised by her surgeon to use baby shampoo as a make up remover on her eyelids after having surgery.
Unlike many expensive products these days that are sold to remove makeup, like Clinque or Lancome, Sandy’s surgeon recommended a more cost effective option of baby shampoo!
After recovering from the surgery, and the discovery of a better makeup remover, Sandy was thrilled that it worked a treat and continues to use it!
Baby shampoos are designed so that they do not irritate the eyes as much as other shampoos.
Use a natural baby shampoo free of chemicals and fragrances and preservatives.
Moisten a cotton ball and gently wipe away your makeup. The oil will also hydrate the skin around your eyes.
And just when you thought it could not get any better, you might just find that there are other uses for your dear little baby shampoo!
- Clean makeup brushes- simply run your makeup brush under lukewarm water and dab a little baby shampoo in a bowl and swirl it around to get out trapped dirt, then rinse clean
- To remove sweat stains from clothing- soak for 30 mins before washing as normal
- Apparently it can also remove water based paint from clothing
- Shrunk your jumper? Soak it in 2 tsp of baby shampoo, added to the water, then rinse and flatten and reshape your jumper to dry- it is supposed to unshrink!
- Treating leather handbags and shoes- the baby shampoo doubles as a mild conditioner- just dab it on with a damp cloth and enjoy the results.
Simple Life hacks like this are not just satisfying little snippets, but they will save also you money…so what is not to like?
©2021 gentlelifehacks.com|e-propertymatters.com| women-in-realestate.com|Author| Kathryn